Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Individual Presentations Day 3


Rian started off our presentations on Monday talking about melancholy in regards to epiphanies. I think that if everyone wrote an essay on Melancholy it would be so fun to hear them because each of us would have a different experience or story to tell, as with everything!
I followed with real life in connection to T.S. Eliot. Soon my paper will be posted and you can read it if you missed the presentation. Again, sorry my voice was practically gone :(
Taylor took the cake! I am actually struggling with even saying anything because I feel like no matter what I say, it will not do justice! If you missed it, you really missed it! She read her whole paper and connected epiphanies to children. To write her paper she looked to her journal that she kept when she was about 7! If only we all had them with us, we could sit around and read those- there would probably be much laughter! She talked about how children transcend time and live in the moment. She described her life as if she was living in a garden (the secret garden). Taylor also questioned, "what is a child and who was I?" Her paper was brilliant as was her presentation! Loved it! She didn't raise the bar, she threw it into the air!
Sam's presentation was also wonderful. she described stories within stories and narrated a trip of getting lost she had through Seattle. In her presentation she talked about a lost and found box...there is a box for the lost but not the found- well, they are the same...but how?
Tai ended our class period and it was a great closure for the morning! He talked about funerals, tila tequila, ritz crackers & velveeta...I must read his paper! He also discussed ritual and rememberance, as well as mentioning that many times even though we are doing something we ignore it. And you'd think how can you ignore something you are doing- that is what I thought when he said this but then I realized there are so many things I do that go unnoticed even though we are doing them...very interesting to think about!
Good luck to the rest!!! Can't wait to hear them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment